Are you Something Wonderful?
Position: Seamstress / Tailor
Hours: 30-40 hours a week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Description : We are a rapidly growing shop seeking a skilled seamstress/tailor to work on bridal and formal alterations. Most of the work is bridal, but knowledge of projects that range from simple repairs to custom designed pieces is also important. Must be familiar with industrial sewing equipment and be skilled in use of the equipment and hand sewing. Team oriented person willing to pitch in as needed and be a part of an energetic workroom’s continuing growth and expansion.
Experience: Professional sewing experience and formal training a plus. Prior experience in a custom tailor shop desired, but not required.
Job Description / Task Assignments
· Possess a professional demeanor and have excellent communication skills.
· Complete and fill in alteration service tickets.
· Press and prepare garments for customer pick-up.
· Detail oriented with organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities.
· Help to keep the entire shop clean and organized.
· Sew customer garments using a variety of alteration or repair techniques.
Skill set / requirements:
· Ability to work and interact closely with coworkers.
· Good communication and customer service attitude and skills.
· Be familiar with industrial sewing equipment, its operation and maintenance.
· Basic and advanced understanding of garment repairs.
· Basic and advanced competency in bridal and formal garment alterations.
· Full knowledge of both hand and machine repairs and alterations.
· Able to complete alterations in a timely and accurate manner.
Applicants must present samples of their work and will be asked to demonstrate their abilities. Please send resume to email@example.com .